June 10, 2007

The Weekend

A pretty good weekend so far. On Friday, I was not at work as we were volunteering for Fun Day at the elementary school. Good cause and the kids love it. I worked the Space Shuttle slide for the first hour then helped the wife in the sandy candy booth. Hard to believe this is the last week of school (we are traditional not year round) - next year I will have a 6th and 1st grader... time flies....

On Saturday I finally donated the ole truck to the salvation army. It was weird but I was truly sad. That was only my second car ever and the first one that was truly mine. (first truck I bough off pops) The pain peeled, the gas gauge and temperature gauges did not work, It ate up the front tires every year and a half (alignment was fine) it did not always shift from third to fourth on short drives, the whole parking brake component broke and finally it was having a problem starting (maybe fuel pump was going??) but somehow that truck was me.... I will miss it. I am grateful to get the Rodeo from the in-laws but I won't be totally back until I get another truck - I am a truck guy.....

The wife and I also went and saw "Knocked Up" and you have to go see this movie!!!! One of the funniest movies ever!! If you liked 40 Year old Virgin you will love, love, love this movie!! Two thumbs up!!!

At the Starbucks this morning I noticed the big display of McCartney stuff and that photo of him is hi-larious.... I think he is doing the old "pursing the lips" thing and looks totally gay in doing it. He is so done it is not even funny - time to retire.

Listening to great motocross on-line from Southwick Mass. Someday they will stream live video.

Off to my brother's later today for my niece's b-day party then the final episode of "The Soprano's" DONT MISS IT!!!

Adios!

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger the mama said...

I am truly sad about your truck. That must have been hard...

I still don't get the listening to the motocross. I thought the enjoyment came from watching them on the track and the jumps and such...

Wait til you say you have a daughter starting 10th grade... then you feel old.

Time does fly. I don't like that.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger birdman said...

I can visualize the racing in my head - pretty sad but what the hell is a guy to do??

It's kinda like listening to a baseball game on the radio except it is exciting unlike baseball in general

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger the mama said...

no because I listen to basketball that way... I can relate.

baseball sucks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home