May 29, 2007

A Long Weekend

Whew... what a long weekend. Greatly needed that is for sure. It did not start off great - got home at 9 PM on Friday night due to work.... (and not NextGen) but when I got home has some beer and watched "The Departed" finally... loved it!!

Saturday was a cleaning day for us. Front and back lawns - mowed, edged, swept, blower, and hose down pretty much everything plus laundry, vacumming, dishes and the kids had to clean their rooms plus their bathroom. We got a ton done and that freed up the last two days.

On Sunday I took the 6 year old to a b-day party at Scooter's Jungle and wouldn't you know it - Merc. Employees!!.. and not my favorite of people.... it seems the b-day boy is their nephew. Made the best of it and they were not that bad - plus got lots of play time in but damn I am sore today.

On Monday I got in a good bike ride, BBQ at the in-laws, then the Angel game with my girls and my brother who had free tickets on the right field side, field level row A.. right on the freakin field. That was cool and at the end of 9th inning warm ups, the ball boy gave the 6 year a ball. She was stoked and became very protective of that ball.

Well back to the grind today. Have a good one

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, cleaning. Good times. We also did a BIT of that....not too much. The hubby did mow the lawn, edge, sweep & clean up the planters, then he washed the cars. :)

oooooohhh, who did you run into????

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger the mama said...

except for the late night at Merc, sounds like a good weekend. Did some cleaning myself (since the parents are showing up today). I miss the BBQ with the inlaws.... hard when they are 1500 miles away.

What is scooters jungle??

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger birdman said...

your mom - I will send you an e-mail

the mama - scooter's jungle is like a "pump it up" party where they have a the bouncers, slides and stuff inside a room for all the kids to play - then you go to another room for pizza and cake and then you are out.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger the mama said...

oh - like jumping jacks in rancho cucamonga. got it - those places are $$$$ for a weekend party. looked into it for the son (who will be five in a few weeks) and it was close to $600 (which can include cake, pizza, soda, etc). I can throw a party in my backyard for less than that....

those places are fun though. my son love the big slides.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home