September 06, 2008

Another week

Well - another week goes by... to fast I tell ya....

The girls both started school this week - Maddie the big 7th and Jilly in 2nd. They both are really happy so far - especially Jilly as her teacher lives a few houses down from us. She thinks that is really cool. Maddie is exited about the change of schools and was happy to start learning something.. what can I say - she takes after me.

PUMPKIN SCONES ARE BACK!!!!!

Just watched Live Fast or Die Hard on HBO and what can I say - f'in great....

Got me some new biking shorts - this time I went high end - $80 - but what a difference.. the butt and nut pad is insane - my comfort level is going way up and the compression they provide is easily double of the shorts I was wearing.. I guess my taint is worth the money!!

DK and I are hitting at least 50 miles tomorrow morning.. working are way to do 60 plus and maybe even a 100 mile ride next summer - there is a ALS charity ride in San Luis Obispo we are thinking of doing - that is one of my goals on my list- ride a century

On as sad note - my in-laws had to put down their black lab Lady - she was 14+ with bad arthritis, open sores and starting to go blind. If she walked 100 feet a day it would be amazing. My Father in law could not take her... so the wifey did it for him.... she cried like a baby and my stomach dropped when I looked at the clock - knowing it was done.. She was a fantastic dog and always loving - She was there with all the girls when they were born. She will be missed by all of us..

Song of the blog: Heard this on 103.1 and this pretty much the only INXS I like

Don't Change



2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger the mama said...

OMG -- the sister and i had a whole discussion this week about how we LOVE this INXS song!

sorry about the loss... that must be very hard. i remember when our family dog died, we had her for 12 years and crying like a baby. and i didn't even like the dog that much... but she was still a part of our family. hugs to wifey.



OK-- did you just do a whole paragraph about high end bike shorts?? yeah, you're so gay.

and it is still too early for pumpkin anything. i will not have one until october!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Wrider II said...

OK, you are gay. You spent way too much time describing the comfort of your new bike shorts. I mean, really, who does that??? j/k I know riding is your passion and that is way cool. I can't even fathom riding a bike for 50 miles let alone 100!

So sorry to hear about the loss. You know what animals mean to me. They rely on us to take care of them and when their quality of life is such they are no longer OK it is up to us to take care of them till the end. The memories of her will live on forever in everyone.

Live Fast or Die Hard is a cool movie. Love it.

And I gotta agree - that is a kickass INXS song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home