July 26, 2008

Almost over

2 weeks off.. . and man did I need it. It has been years since I have taken two weeks in a row off....the first week you just get work out of your system... then you can relax on the second week.

I am feeling better - about 90%... it turns out I do have some allergies.. my mom an bro have them - just took me time to grow into them and I found out - my own research - that a hiatal hernia can affect your respiratory system so I think I just got the big triple whammy last week. Seems I should not have caffeine, chocolate, peppermint,, onions, tomato based products (maaannn!!!) etc. All of these things can cause me issues so time to adjust the diet again... GO BLAND or GO HOME is the new motto!!! Hopefully in a week the lungs will be fully back and I can crank out more long rides.

Nothing big on the vacation but I did relax this week. Read, played video games, took the girls to the movies, bowling.. a couple of 20 miles bike rides and went with me mum and girls to the Getty Museum. I love the Getty - so worth it since it is free!!! hahahaha

Here are a couple of pics



Me and my mom



Grandma and the girls


We had a great time and it was nice since I don't "chill" with my mom to often (my sisters rule that world... hahaha)

Finally - Song of the blog: Runaway Train by Soul Asylum. Heard this yesterday and I always loved this song.




5 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger the mama said...

i am dying to go to the getty.... it is such a long drive and got no one that seems interested in all that art... I need some new friends! LOL

looks like a fun day....

glad you are feeling better. that totally sucks about all you need to give up. caffiene??? chocolate?? yeah, i would not make it!

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger the mama said...

oh and i would NEVER in a MILLION years think you would like runaway train...

you have thrown me for a loop!!!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

Birdman: Mom...I have something to ask you...

Birdmom: Yes son, what is it?

Birdman: Well...do you...oh no its too difficult

Birdmom: [Grabs Birdman's hand] Son...tell me

Birdman: Well...do you have allergies....

Birdmom: [looking away] Sigh..I was afraid one day you would ask this...

Birdman: [Weeping] So its true...I do have allergies...Great Mother of Joseph I HAVE ALLERGIES!!!!


Wimp...get over it...i get them every year..Zyrtec man..Zyrtec...unless you are allergic to that as well

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Wrider II said...

Glad you finally got to chill and enjoy your second week off. Sucks about the allergies though. :-(

Love the song...

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger AvMan said...

Yes!!!! Soul asylum. I used to love them. I remember this video like it was yesterday. what a great song.

Now work.....bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home