August 10, 2008

45.9 miles

Mission accomplished!! DK and I rode 46 miles this morning - about 2:40 and averaged about 18 miles an hour. I gotta say it was freakin work!!! The wifey was surprised I was back so soon!! We got lucky about 5.5 miles from the beach a group of other riders who were drafting off us passed us and we go into a pack of about 7 of us - with us drafting them we averaged about 23 MPH for that last 5.5 getting to the beach. I must say we were stoked on the time an speed and tired as hell!! DK has really gotten going (he is only 28) so I am not sure how much longer my old body can hang with him..... hahahahhaa - it is fun to have a riding partner where you can push each other but that young whippersnapper is gonna leave me behind next summer!!

BTW: Newport was clear and beautiful when we got there... a nice 20 minute break with clear skies and ocean was really nice.

Had a baby shower for an ex-merc employee (D- Nasty) and got to enjoy the company of the Wrider and her hubby, Audio and his wife and Your Mom for a few hours. It was great to see all of you - it has been a long time!!!!

Here are a couple songs for ya:

Ashes Divide - part the guys from A Perfect Circle - I like

Click Here

and this slightly old but kick, kick, kick ass jam from Melissa Auf Der Mar (formerly of smashing pumpkins)




Well try to stay cool everyone and have a good week

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger the mama said...

birdman - i am impressed!!

can't even make fun of you.

next time. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home