May 05, 2007

Mo Stuff

I am back again. Time just fly's lately - not sure if that is good or bad. Got in a few drinks with the crew (crewwww) on Friday and a really good bike ride today compliments of the wifey going in to work and the grandparents taking the kids to Spiderman Tres. I am still not where I was last year at time but I am getting there.

I was reading my new Guitar World and there was a great interview with Slash and they talked about the making of Appetite for Destruction and the songs on it. Sweet Child o Mine came up and it apparently started as a joke. They were living in a house and Slash played the opening riff and he did not think much of it. Izzy and Duff were there and they started to play some chords behind it. Axl was upstairs, heard it, and wrote down some of the lyrics.

A great song like that started as a joke then just happened. I think that is where great songs come from - they just happen and that, I think, explains the crap that is out there today.

Artists - created
Their music - created
Their look - created
Their style - created
Their media image - created
Their hype - created

Nothing real anymore (at least what passes for popular music and what is put on the air and TV waves)

Please do not get "Created" confused with "Creativity" but I think you all know what I mean.

Another interesting fact - before G N R, Slash was almost the guitarist for Poison. Could not believe it myself. It came down to him and CC Deville and since CC had the hair and shoes - they picked him. Slash wore moccasins to the final audition - looking like himself, not the created CC Deville.

Nuff said

FINALLY - WATCH THE LAS VEGAS SUPERCROSS LIVE ON SPEED TV TONIGHT!!!! 7 PM!!

Later

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger the mama said...

interesting story - that song is my fave GNR song. One of those songs that takes me back to being 20 years and in love for the first....

WTF - second round of drinks in like two weeks and not even an invite.

WELL!! good day!! i said good day!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WTF!!! Was there a HH on Fri I wasn't invited to? Am I so easily forgotten???

SCREW YOU

OH, and GNR sucks ass. always hated them.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger birdman said...

why am I getting in trouble?? I did not set it up, I was invited.... it was kinda last minute anyways...

geesh!! cut me some slack YO!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home