June 15, 2007

Summa Time

It seems summer is here. Yesterday was the last day of school. The 6 year old got all 3's and S's (kindergarten version of straight A's) and the 10 year old all A's and B's. I give her extra credit on those grades as I really let her go on her own the last half of the year and checked very little homework and she did it. I am proud of both of them. 6th and 1st grades next year - should be fun!!!

My wife loves to volunteer at school and she did volunteer for both the kids teachers plus the other kindergarten teacher. As a special gift for the teachers of the little ones, she spent many hours making the quilt below.



She actually made two - one for each kindergarten teacher. She had all the kids in the class paint their hands and then sign their name. The teachers loved it, other parents loved it and I am very impressed and proud of her too. She is a natural when it comes to this sewing/quilting stuff.

I still do not have my own blanket/quilt though. She has the material and stuff but I am still waiting.

Don't forget to tune into motocross this weekend - Sunday at 10:00 am - they will stream video for the first time (many tracks are remote so hard to do) or you can just listen. Just click here and select your poison.

I have been bad on the Sansa Song of the Blog but nothing has really hit me lately so.......

Finally, had to go see "Surf's Up" last night. Not to bad and the kids loved it. That is my professional review.

Happy Father's Day to me!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger the mama said...

That quilt is fantastic... we are blessed to have three of Mrs. Birdman's quilts and they are wonderful. Both of the kids sleep with theirs every night. She is really talented and some day I will have her make me a "french" themed one for me!!

Darn I think I am gonna be busy and will have to miss the motocross on the radio.

YES - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home