March 10, 2008

Breathing Room

First -WELCOME BACK WRIDER!!! we missed ya!!!

OK, well we got (more on this) a 3 day weekend - no work at all and man did I need it. I was the walking dead - always tired, my mind just not wanting to think... mental tiredness sucks..... I would rather be physically tired. Seems what we have been saying all along (delay the project - push back the go-live date) was finally realized by the PMO.... only months to late. So now while they all eat chit (at least in my mind) we get to slow down a bit.

Now, word got out that other departments were getting a 3 days weekend.. QA heard on Wed. Night... and my QA buddies of course tell me. So we wait on Thurs. for our turn. Dev comes out - they get the same deal.. still nothing for us few BA's. Finally about 3:30 Thursday, we get the come to my office call.. COOL!! so we get in- talk about the date and he (our current super...not a BA) say no weekends for a little while so take it off... and that was it..... nothing... so one BA then says "long weekend??"".. . to which he says,, "Well other teams are taking off tomorrow so we can explore that.." Can you believe it ... he was not going to say anything or offer it to us unless we brought it up... I of course said "OH LET'S EXPLORE!""" I like my super but he lost some respect with me with that move.

So mowed the lawns. cleaned the house, bike ride with the girls, helped wifey move some work stuff as they are moving to a bigger place... and watched a lot of FREE Showtime... Direct TV free movie weekend... love that shit!!! I also got some sleep... it was needed. Best part. with the date pushed, I am still maxed out on vacation hours (200) and they owe me three comp days for working a holiday and missing my vacation last month. (I was maxed out and they asked me to work.... in return for comp days in the future) so I am seeing a week off this month... that will be dealt with tomorrow.....

Was cruzing the net for news of the new Disturbed. They has a mini-view with them in Guitar World so I thought I would see if anything leaked - nope but went to Amazon and saw that in the next month or so new Counting Crows and new REM... and ........Amazon has mini videos of new songs by both... that was cool - did not know they had. Check out your bands and see what is there.

Bonuses sucked this year.... I will still take it but when you get a really good bonus one year and not the next you become an ungrateful bastard I swear! ahahahhaha

Finally, the new FLOGGING MOLLY (click to link to their site) came out. I am a big fan of their stuff.. Irish folk/punk/pub music.. just kicks ass and makes you want to down a few pints! Will be getting it my next trip to Best Buy.. I say you cannot go wrong - impossible to not like.... go for it!!

Peace out for now.. y'all!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Wrider II said...

Congrats on your 3 dayer. I agree that mental fatigue is way worse than physical any day of the week! This time change is kicking my ass.

I checked out the Flogging Molly site. I have to admit, I really liked their sound. If you had to pick one album for me to buy and listen to, which would you suggest?

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger the mama said...

at least you get a bonus.....


well i liked vampire weekend, so I will check out the flogging molly tonight.

glad you got some much deserved time off. take some of those vacation days, jump on your bike and ride!!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger birdman said...

start at the beginning with Swagger..... fantastic album

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Wrider II said...

Thanks for the tip. :-)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger the mama said...

ok - you need to stop. i was digging flogging molly..

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger birdman said...

hahahha - wrider thanked me for my tip.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home