September 21, 2008

Still in town

As you can tell by this posting, I am not in NY and I am not going.. There was alot of "debate" about my going from what I hear but it comes down to two things from what I hear. 1. No one wanted to pay for me out of their budget. 2. With one of our other BA's out on maternity leave, if something were to go wrong while I was there - they did not feel comfortable the other two could resolve it - I am come people's secirity blanket.. The statement "I need my guy here" was said. Of course this will all be forgotten come review time I am sure. Oh well - i hear they are planning for me to go to FL in Nov. but that I dont want to do been there - not a fan of FL nor the agents there. FIGURES I GET THAT ONE!!

Not to much riding this week. As I was riding today, I remembered I had the same "lack of energy" feeling this time last year. I think the old body gets a little tired after a solid 5 months of riding. I estimate I have done over a 1000 miles this year - 90% of that in the last 5 months. So I am gonna ride but less miles and less often for a bit - see if the old body recovers.

We have a solid rumor that IBM is making there way to Merc - and soon. Not sure of their role etc... some people are freaked out but I will wait and see. I think BA's have to be around a lot longer than other IT people and the talk about is is how important we are so.... who knows... I am not worried ... at least for now.. hahahhaa

New shows are stating this week - WOO HOO. Also, if you have HBO - you better be watching True Blood - awesome show - very adult so be warned but excellent so far.

song of the blog: Little Sister by Queens of the Stone Age.


1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger the mama said...

i am stoked that the new shows start back this week, too!! tonight is big bang theory and how i met your mother!! woo-hoo!

sorry about not getting to go to NY. that totally blows. i have never been to FL...

cool song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home