September 05, 2006

I'm Locked in a Glass Case of Emotion

So I am going to hell. Why?? Well I watching a nice 9/11 piece on NGC when a commercial came up for a Flight 93 memorial. As the spokeswoman was talking (her sister died on the plane) they panned out and low and behold..... HUGE JUGS!!! It was all I could focus on after that. They tried to hide but to no avail. What else can I say.....

I also had my nephew stay with us for 5 days while mom and dad were looking for a place to live in NC as the dad is now stationed there. He is a good kid (almost 6) but has learning disabilities and what I would call space/strength issues. Personal space can mean nothing to him and he is really big and strong for his age and he does not understand his power. I had forgotten what it is like to have to know where a kid is at all times, even in my own house. He does get frustrated and has a habit of squeezing the mouth of my 5 year old DH. This is where his strength comes in. Luckily we had very few issues with him - he did really well but it took me back trying to get him to listen and to focus when were talking to him and/or trying to discipline him. BIG PROPS to all parents who go through this everyday. It takes constant work. On the big plus side, I was able to get him to ride a bike without training wheels for 4 or 5 houses (with only a little help from me to keep him on the straight and narrow). He was so happy with himself when he did it and I was so happy for him (and me I must admit). If he does not get a bike soon, one will be making it to NC that is for sure.

My youngest started kindergarten today. She seems very cool with it but since she has been going there with my wife for years (room mom, volunteer, Girls scouts with my oldest) I don't think it was a big shock to her. It was really good a friend from her day care days is in her room and sits right behind her (no idea the family lived near us). It's odd, the kids are getting older but I don't feel I have changed at all.

Finally, Song of the Day.

Heroin Girl by Everclear. No lyrics (blocked here at work) but a really cool song. Heard it Sunday on my way to band practice.


5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger TM said...

I have seen that commercial too, and that's all I could notice, so save a nice seat for me down there.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mad props for teaching your nephew to ride a bike, it takes patience yo!

Yeah for Kindey-garden kids!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger R said...

Yay for boobs!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

Yay for boobies.

It's a positive thing you did birdman. Much respect, it takes a hell of a person to work hard with someone that isn't your own kid and try to give them something positive in their life. props to you.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Hey Birdman! Way cool teaching your nephew to ride the bike. That little boy will look back someday and you will stick out in his mind as a cool Uncle for all the things you have done for him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home