September 01, 2006

It's not MTV

First ESPN and now MTV. I was looking at photos of the VMA's which I did not watch (I catch some MTV but since there isn't any music on MTV...??)and thought of a few things:

  • Is it just me or is the whole "add 500 dancers, special costumes, and make it a duet" thing they do to live performances just pure shit? I like the song because I like the song.. MTV is making it not about the song but about the "artist". It is "Media TV" not "Music TV". Music has become an after thought. Personally, if a band can't just go up there, plug in and just jam their song and have it work then the song is not that good to begin with.
  • They should have zero street cred as they are the biggest "corporate whores" or "sellouts" if you want. There is no way half that shit should ever see the light of day much less make the airwaves. That is not only the videos but the crappy crappy shows they run all day.
  • Yes, VH1 Classic is way the f better but it aint because I am to old. : I do want to see the performance by The Killers who I think closed the VMA's. Love their new song.
  • I am guessing all the really good bands who actually write the music themselves boycott MTV out of principle. With the exception of Headbanger's Ball (and even then) when was the last time TOOL was played. (I hope they do)
  • I don't think it is a case of "we play what the viewers like" but a case of "we will play this enough the viewers will like it".
  • If you can get it but not exactly much better lately is FUSE TV. At least they are not 24 hour a day hip-hop KIIS FM type of crap.
What else.... hmmmm. Kids start school next week and my youngest is starting kindergarten. I feel so sorry for them!!!!

Funny: A headline from MSNBC - COSMIC LOG: A SPOT ON URANUS.
A spot on URANUS?? Is it LUPUS Jerry? Is it LUPUS?

That's it. Have a great holiday weekend!



2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Hey Birdman! How was the motocross national? Hope you had a great time. Sadly, still no guitar... :-(

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

Saw the Killers, they kicked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home