October 11, 2006

Music makes it better

After all the crap lately, I decided to hop on-line and searched for music. I find that going on-line and listening to all kinds of bands I have never heard cathartic (big words bitches) and fun. I use Launch from Yahoo, Pure Volume or sometimes I just do a search for record labels and see what I find.

Here are a few I found interesting:

  1. Deadstar Assembly - Killing myself again
  2. Crud - Reality
  3. KHZ - quite a few songs
I also picked up the new Lamb of God today. Just started rockin it at work - so far so good.

My bass player and I are officially without drummer. We have been barely getting by with friends and people we knew (we only played about 6 times this year) but we have nothing now. It is depressing and keeps me from playing (I know it shouldn't) so this Saturday we are gonna rock it in my garage at a respectable level - me,the bass player and beer. Now we do suck (we are getting to freakin old) but there is nothing like writing and playing your own stuff - it is so energizing and I miss it. We had a good thing going with two other people (singer and his wife our drummer) They were great people and really fun to jam with but Arizona called them away and it has not been the same - really bad year for jammin.

Back to all the crap - after all the help and money for moving, packing, moving to my garage,garage sale and getting all the crap out to donate due to the in-law move to NC, final orders came and low and behold, Fort Irwin, CA!!!! 3 hours away!! (angry face x 10) Good thing I am playing in my garage with beer this Saturday or people would be dying.

MAD PROPS TO THE WRIDER FOR THE B-DAY COOKIES!!!!! THANKS!


3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

Music: A great form of therapy or anger control. Yeah, Lamb of God. Sorry to hear about the drummer. Get a drum machine until you can replace him. Not the best but an ok substitute.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

At the rate I'm going I'll never be able to say I'm going to "jam" with anyone...Guitar is coming slow for me...Glad you liked the cookies! :-)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger R said...

I think the Mandrell sisters are available to fill spots in your band.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home