March 15, 2008

I know I should be happy.......but...

It was "raise" time at the Merc and although in Merc terms my raise was good - I am not happy. I worked way harder on more difficult things and more hours than the year before yet my raise % was less..... go figure... and the worse part which I may actually complain about to HR.. I still have not gotten my review. Got my raise % and it is on my check and all without the actual review... WTF?? It just removed the point of the review. How can I argue my points and try to negotiate more (or maybe a g-damn promotion) before anything is final. Really stupid.... but I will bring up all this when I actually have my review....it should be interesting.

I also know (cause they told me) other people got higher %'s than me yet more than once by different people I have been told I am the most important person on the project... yet no where is this reflected. I love having the respect of my co-workers, including many consultants and I stay late etc. as I take pride in my work but that will only go so far. I do admit I do balance this out with a 7 mile drive and the knowledge I aint gettin fired.. but still......Plus due to "sources" I do know some complete idiots who are making way more than me (our jack-ass project managers.) and that just eats at ya a little. We could do their job but they could never do mine or developers yet they make more.... how to address this is difficult.

On the good front, AVman was in a big dev team meeting with our overall boss and he and my favorite brit developer let it fly in the meeting - which is awesome. Best part... they are talking about creating BSA's which as I mentioned in another blog is a more technical job - and someone said -"no one in the company is doing anything like a BSA right now" and AVman said -" not true - BIRDMAN (not my real name. hahahha) does" and the brit backed him up.. It's nice to have a good friend like that !!!!!

Finally, since MAMA has been liking my music to much lately here is a video for ya from the early 80's of the Virgin Prunes. I f'in love this song..... if Mama likes this.........the world is ending.

VIRGIN PRUNES

Later

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Wrider II said...

I think you have every right to be pissed. How can you not have a review and yet they give you your raise %? Reviews should be the time when managers are able to tell you how you are doing so that when a raise comes along you aren't blindsighted. I would absolutely bring it up to HR. Taking care of your people is a manager's first job.

That is so friggin tight what AvMan and the Brit did for you. Kudos to them both.

Lastly, were those Virgin Prunes wearing skirts? That video was scary.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger the mama said...

Kudos to AV for standing up for you... he is a good man and a good friend. Having not worked for the MERC - i am not one to give advice. To be respected by the powers that be is important, but also making it worth the effort is important, too. You have every right to be pissed - why work your @ss off if in the end some yahoo who cannot do 1/2 the job of you is rewarded?? I hate the politics of the corporate world....

OK - WHAT THE F*CK was that video???!!!!???? You do not need to worry - the world is not ending. It was like a I wanted to stop watching, but could not. That is some messed up sh*t...

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

i got called to return to the Merc...but don't think i am going to...it was for a position at your building too Birdman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home