November 23, 2008

Some photos from the river trail

Well, it was a tough week - put in about 60 hours and of course being salary - no OT. I have been so mentally exhausted... When I get home and stop thinking - I just crash - and it starts again this week... job security can really suck some times.

Well finally had time so I took my camera and rode the river trail towards Green River drive - here are some photos of the fire damage. The first photo was about 1/2 mile from my house - luckily, it never jumped Weir Canyon/Yorba Linda Blvd right there at La Palma. Had it jumped and the park caught on fire - it could have been bad for the birdman.

This is right on the east side of Weir Canyon - coming up from the river trail

This is about another half mile down the trail - heading east. The brush and plants here are usually so dense you cannot see past the dirt road - I was amazed at how everything burned.

Here is a quick video I took while riding my bike down the trail about 4 miles further east.




Well, time to get ready for another long week despite the holidays - I am sure I will be working more than I should.......


2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger the mama said...

wow.... that is too close!! scary!!

hope you are not stuck for 60 hours this week and get some time to relax and go for a ride.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

Wow that is scary. I'm sure that ride left you with a bunch of smoke boogers by the time you got home.

While I do miss the bonus every christmas and march, I don't miss that overtime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home