January 17, 2009

Another week gone by

Another week in the books. Sadly nothing special except maybe the 4 hour premier of 24!!! I love that show and I am so happy it is back.

The garage is drywalled and primered. Whew.. Father in law did some great work. Tomorrow will be spent cleaning and re-organizing - make it all bootiful again. Then it will be off to my sister's for her b-day party. Should be good times.

Didn't today just rock!!! I loved it - perfect day for a bike ride. Rode 48 miles to pop's crib again. It was a perfect day for riding and it really did good for my psyche!! I needed a good day like today. Made it in 2 1/2 hours today and never took a break. I only stopped if I had to - basically waiting for the lights to chance when I was on the streets. I have never gone that far without a break so I am proud of myself.

Tried to make my own cheese tortellini with spinach and panchetta. It was OK. Next time more panchetta, less spinach and get my homemade alfredo sauce a little thicker. (hahahahahha)

I am adding another Merc employee to my blog links. Her blog is only about the cards she makes but maybe we can get her to open up!! It would be nice to get another person writing. Yes, it a Kathy and her blog is called Bella Luna. Click the link to check it out. She does make some very cool cards.

Finally, I am totally bummed 103.1 has gone off the air and is now another damn spanish station. WTF!!! Due to ratings they had to stop but are going to keep broadcasting on the internet but that does not help when in the car.

In honor of 103.1 - a song they were playing in their last day rotation. GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE by Black Flag



Have a good one.


3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger the mama said...

wow... all the way to BP on a bike?? impressive.

and seriously you make your own tortellini?? from scratch??

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger birdman said...

not the actual tortellini.... but I did make my own alfredo - but I mixed it all together - I dont have that much patience..

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

yeah indie was a great alternative station to listen to when you dont wanna hear rhcp or the killers...sad to see it go

 

Post a Comment

<< Home