October 18, 2006

Lucky and Apples

So I went up to Oak Glen (near Beaumont) this past weekend with the brother and the girls (my two and my niece - all we got are girls) to visit the apple orchards, maybe find a pumpkin and have some good food. As luck (and lucky, my brother's ironic nickname) would have it, our day did not go as planned.




First, it was colder than a well digger's lunch bucket up there. Below 40 and my brother had on shorts (foolio) Thank God we have stuff for the girls. Second it was raining and again, thankfully we had stuff for the girls. Third, it was unbelievably crowded!! I have been there a few times but this was ridiculous. Every place we went to find something to eat had a line of at least 40 to 50 people and the kids were getting hungry. Finally we went to a big orchard up there that was also extremely crowded and we got some hot dogs and cocoa. We then had to sit outside in the rain and eat standing up. (we saw an open table and as we were approaching some a-hole runs out of the building at full speed and snags it - whatever) So after waiting in line again for a pie - we start to drive home. Fourth - we see a pumpkin patch so we turn around - drive to the entrance, and walk to the pumpkin patch only to be DENIED!! PRIVATE F'n PARTY!!! ya gots ta be kiddin me. So we walk back and decide to do the hay ride and "CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER".

Now as I stated earlier, my brothers nickname is one of those ironic ones (like a big guy named tiny) and everytime I go somewhere with him, "luck" is truly on our side. His DH was not surprised at all - she was well prepared for this to happen. I think all the luck we can have goes to me having beater trucks that run forever.

Despite all that, we had a good time - I love the mountains when it is cold and the fog is covering them and the girls always have a great time together. I'll add a couple pics when I get home.



The IN_LAW is driving back from NC. As most of you know, they are now going to be based at Fort Irwin, CA. Hopefully in a week the rest of their junk will be out of my garage and we can get some separation - 3000 miles would have been better than 3 hours but I'll take what I can get.

Song of the Blog:

Desperately Wanting by Better than Ezra

Great song - thanks to The Avman for the mp3.

I'll add lyrics if I can when I get home.

Peace out!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Great post Birdman...I've never been up there but you've peeked my curiousity and might just have to trek up that way sometime. I can't believe how friggin cold it was! Wow! We are expecting the Santa Anas - aren't we? Lovely....nothing like 50 mile an hour winds of hot air...

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger That Guy said...

Never pegged you as a Better Than Ezra man. I like 'em. I got some other tunes if you want (not that I would ever just "share" them).

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Great pics! :-)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

Dude, I say get rid of the brother, isnt' worth it. Sounds like you made the most out of a crappy trip. Gotta do what you gotta do. BTE kicks super mega uber ass. I celebrate their whole collection(see what I did there).

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Our family goes to Oak Glen nearly every fall. We like taking the kids' picture with a bunch of pumpkins. Haven't been this year yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home