January 17, 2007

Beware the OCTA! (aka why me?)

So I go to the mall last Friday to have lunch with a lovely coworker at the mall ( I know but she needed to do shopping) and while I was in line at the ever yummy Arby's a guy in his OCTA bus driver uniform decides to ask me the question of the year for him in his attempt for random stranger attention. 'Hey, have you ever heard that you are not supposed to leave your cell phone next to your food?" Now for those of you who know the Birdman - you know this can go two ways - I can answer NO or I can torture myself with whatever this man may bring if I say - I don't know, I don't have a cell phone. (cause I don't) Luckily I was quick on my feet and responded with NO. He then proceeds to tell me and the lady working the Arby's who I am not sure even understood any English beyond the Arby's menu that he had heard this. He then proceeds to tell me he left his food next to his cell phone and it tasted like metal.

I thought about mentioning the theory of a self fulfilling prophecy but that would have started a long explanation on what that was and the fact that he was told about it and still felt the need to test the theory...... How many times did this poor bastard touch the hot stove as a kid.......

Anyways - I just nod, get my food and given the a tip to not do it - in fact no metal objects at all near your food. Damn..... had I knows I would not have bought all those metal pots and pans, plus that damn metal stove.

But all was well as Arby's makes everything better.

Later and think twice before taking public transportation.


3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger R said...

No, it's true! If you first buy a cell phone, and then leave it next to your food you will become TOTALLY GAY!!!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

see, random guys just coming up and talking to you. The HERO is right. you are a GAYBOT.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, there's 2 minutes of my life I will never get back.........j-ass

 

Post a Comment

<< Home