November 13, 2006

Just Stuff

Nothing exciting going here unlike our friend The Wrider. Well, I take that back, the infamous "In-Laws" have come and got the rest of their crap out of my garage. YEAH!!!! I spent some time yesterday trying to get the garage in decent shape - we have so much space again. The "In-laws" found a townhouse out in Barstow (not to far from the base). We are not planning a visit any time soon that is for sure.

Took my girls bike riding at the park this weekend and as usual, we ride in the dirt (OK I make them....but it is so much more fun) and we rode down to some fun little mountain bike trails. There is a decent little hill that we go down and my youngest was all for going down it by herself which is very cool. As she starts down, a lady jogging comes next to me and watches - well about 15 feet into the descent, my DH takes her feet off the pedals (a bad idea) and I start to yell at her to put her feet back on the pedals - she doesn't and of course, she totally eats it. I start to go down the hill and I get the look of complete horror and disgust from this jogger lady which I promptly ignore. Apparently, kids are not allowed to eat it on their bikes these days - people like that really bother me. The DH was just fine and finished the rest of the ride - she is one tough cookie!

I have started to split my time now between my regular job duties her at work and my soon to be new team which is recreating our web presence from the ground up. I hate the split and I hate driving between the buildings. I am hoping to get a move date soon.

I had totally forgotten about continuing my list of:

"The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Become an Evil Overlord"
Here is 11-20:

11. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

12. one of my advisors will be an average 5 year old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

14. The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form of last request.

15. I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know.".

17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occassionaly listen to their advice.

18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

20. Despite it's proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust accordingly.

peace out!

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

You should have yelled down to your daughter (within earshot of that snooty jogger lady), "Get up! You're not bleeding!" That might have caused her to faint outright...

Do you just randomly think up those Top 100's???

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

We all know you pushed her down the hill. Your kids are nuts.

You should have walked right up to that lady and just slapped the stupid off of her face.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger R said...

The Hero doesn't get a last request? That sucks, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home