December 11, 2006

Tis the season to be busy

It's been over week since I last posted but as the title suggests, I have been busy. The new department is working out great. There is a lot to do but I am getting a lot done. Once again, Happy Hour this Friday. BE THERE!!!!

The other part of busy is christmas itself. I finally got the lights up. I was going to do it two weekends ago but the winds were strong that weekend my friend.... like an old man after a colonoscopy!!! (lets see who gets that reference) I decided that I did not want to put into effect my usual luck and end up on the ground dead while my children poked me with a stick.

The tree is finally up and by that I mean it is built with lights. Yes, we have a fake tree but there is one main reason for that. On said fake 7 foot tree my very talented wife puts normally between 900 to 1000 lights.. that's right 9 to 10 strands of 100. She has to run extension cords as you cannot connect that may lights together successfully. She has actually blown the fuses in tiny christmas tree lights. I had to find new ones this weekend at the Home Depot. A regualr 7 foot tree seems to have issue with that many lights and it is near impossible to get them on the tree correctly. She basically builds the tree in levels - bottom level, bottom lights, etc........ the lights are not just on the outside of the tree - they are through the entire tree from the trunk to the outer edge. When all is said and done.. the tree KICK ASS! I'll post a pick when it is done.

The other thing my wife KICKS ASS at this time of year and my favorite is PUMPKIN BREAD! She only makes it once a year and it is freakin awesome!! I get my own set of loafs that I do not like to share - if I do, it is very little - you are all undeserving bastards!!!

Well. that is it for now, off to watch the kids put the ornaments on the tree (to be followed by my wife's late night OCD fixing of the incorrect placement and hanging of the ornaments)

See Ya

7 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger R said...

Rectum

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger R said...

Your story about the tree reminds me of the classic Christmas Vacation where Clark W. Griswold puts 19,000,000 lights on his house. The power company has to turn on the Auxiliary Nuclear to keep the city running.

See you at Happy Hour. It had better be happy!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

Nice, better break down some Pumpking bread or don't show up to your HH. @Hero, just watched that movie, it's a tradition. Classic. "Can't see any lines, can you Russ?".

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

I was barely able to tolerate trying to put on 2 strands of light, let alone 10. And my ornaments? Well, you all know what a sad state our ornaments are in... I bet your tree is beautiful. Can't wait to see a pic. I remember the pic you showed last year...

I had a colonscopy before my war wound surgery. I don't remember it...

HH - Sweet! See you all there!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger R said...

Man, sorry I missed happy hour. I got stuck in the office until 6:30, then got stuck in traffic. Hope you had fun...keep me in mind for the next one.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger R said...

WANG

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HH was fun, where is the pic of your tree??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home