February 05, 2007

My 2 cents on people and a small armageddon

Since everyone else has posted about people, rooms and taking up your mental space I thought I would chime in with my thoughts., but this time, on the positive side, for all those in my life who help make it!!!

Here are some SHOUT OUTS bitches!!!!

I consider myself to be very, very lucky when it comes to people in my life. My closest friends are my friends that I had in high school and even one that I have know since I was 10 (that is 28 year for anyone who wants to know how aged I am) I don't think of them as friends but as my brothers and I feel truly blessed to still have them in my life despite all the ups and downs. I think it is rare these days to be my age and have many "over 20 year" friends.

I have also rarely made really good friends from people at work - but with people like YOUR MOM, AVMAN and The Wrider, and other non-bloggers at the Merc, I have totally lucked out again on having quality friends around me that I can and do enjoy blogging and e-mailing with. Thanks to all of you!!!!

With the excpetion of my dad, my family has all moved out of Buena Park and we have ended up within 5 minutes of each other. Yes we have issues but I think we have all recognized a need to be close no matter what and that is a good feeling - I always know they are there and they know I am here also.

I even have a great father and mother in law which again - seems to be a rare commodity these days. They had no education (father in law - 3rd grade in Costa Rica and mother in law 7 or 8th grade), father in law came to America at 18 with one suitcase and no english. They had a house and 3 children by age 24 and they are both retired and not yet 60. They have been great to me and excellent grandparents to my girls. They are an excellent example of what hard work and honesty can bring you in America.

Finally my wife - what can I say.. she saw something in me that no one else did. (lord knows what it was - she says she likes a guy with glasses... ) She worked hard to support us during my last year of college so I could finish and has always believed in my ability and has always gave me confidence (except when it comes to home repair for some odd reason.... :-) )

Now my life ain't perfect by no means (i.e other in-laws) but sometimes you gotta accentuate the positive to keep yourself on an even keel.

Now for some armageddon:

I'm the Mama said she likes the song from my last blog - that makes 2 in a year.... I think that counts as some form of a roll...... but then maybe she did not read my comment about Sting in her blog about the Police...


Later





.

5 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, thanks schmoopsie!!!

You did get lucky with your wife :) She's a great catch!!

Thanks for assentuating (see what I did there) the possitive!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger the mama said...

Armageddon!! I did see your post about Sting, I just choose to ignore it! I have a wonderful set of in-laws. I have found that they support me in a way I could never have imagined. I too have some wonderful friends who have really helped me get today. Your wife is great! I would love to spend more time with her, just because she always makes me laugh! One person has really shaped who I am today, but I am not going to talk about them. I too feel absolutely blessed with my life and like *your mom* said, I wouldn't change the past because I would not be the mama i am today!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger R said...

I think you're turning more gay than you already were, birdnad.

But I agree: your wife rules the northern hemisphere.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

What kind of friend are you? Don't even mention my name huh? haha just kidding...you sold me girl scout cookies so you are on my good list.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger the mama said...

Girl scout cookies?!?!?! How do I get my hands on some thin mints???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home