March 25, 2007

Bike Ride and the Kids

Well, my goal this weekend was to get my ass back on my back and get my a ride in. I went and got a new seat as the other one was rock hard and hurtin my butt (hahahahahaha) and was getting ready to go when the kids changed the plans. The 10 year old wanted to ride with me while the other took off with mom. So instead of the road bike, I hopped on the old beater mountain bike and took off on a ride with her. I was really impressed with her - we rode about 5 miles and she kept up a nice pace. The best part about it was we had a nice time talking. I hope this is something we can keep up. She told me she made a list of things she wants to do in her life - here are a few:

  • Ride a mule down into the Grand Canyon
  • Stay in a 5 star hotel in Paris
  • Go to the Galapagos Islands
  • Become president of the U.S
  • Go skydiving on her 18th birthday (blame her mother for that one)
Pretty cool and I hope she gets to do them all.

As for the 5 year old - I heard this knocking and asked if it was her. She said no - someone was at the door. I said really?? she said yes so I got up and went to the door at which point she started busting up. WELL PLAYED!!!

Heard a clip of the new Linkin Park - sounds interesting. Also, Chevelle is releasing an new album in April too so finally some new music is finally coming out.

That is it for now.

5 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

You have a great relationship with your daughters. I applaud you for that. With your attitude they will always feel comfortable talking to their Dad about most everything.. Some things they will talk to Mom about! :)

Hey, someone's at the door!!!!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap 5 miles!! I woulda died. Yeah for daddy/daughter time, glad you had a nice talk & that she can tell you her hopes & dreams. :)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger the mama said...

Birdman did you get burned by a five year old??? Nice....

Your girls are lucky to have such a great daddy... good dads are few and far between. I want to stay in a 5 star hotel in paris, too!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

Those kids really aren't that sweet. They are just angrier versions of David. Trust me, my shins know the truth. At least i was able to make one cry. Was a very proud moment for me.

It's great that you can talk to your kids like that. It's a great thing.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home