March 19, 2007

A not so crazy weekend

So The Wrider is dying for us to blog more.....here goes.

Friday night was Happy Hour - very cool. Went to the twisted vine in Fullerton - Avman and the Duke of Fullerton know the owners - very good if you are into wine and they have a few really nice beers - totally down with a beer called "Three Philosophers" it is also double the alcohol of most beers. D-Nasty made a guest appearance. Also, Seahag spilled wine on my sleeve - thought it was done - but the guys at the Vine were right there with Wine-Away and dammit all to hell if the wine actually went away!! kick ass stuff.

Saturday - had a great time mowing the lawn. My edger broke so I borrowed the in-laws - this is a gas powered model and I'm telling ya - you could use that thing as a trencher if you want. Speaking of the in-laws - they got back from Italy Thursday night - they loved it although they charge for everything. They walked up and got a coffee - couple Euro - later they sat down and got coffee - 7 or 8 Euro - they charge you to sit in the seats. He also said every bathroom was an adventure. Overall they loved it and said it was very beautiful.

Sunday, I tried to get knew work shoes but no luck, if I liked it - not in my size so I ended up playing a lot of MX Unleashed. Beating all my old fast lap times is good for the ego!!!!

We have lots of girl scout cookies left to sell - whatever the girls don't sell - they (translate ME) has to buy them. (so the girls don't lose money). This is the last year for my oldest and although it was fun and really good - I am glad it's done. The little one has her own troop so for once we just get to be parents - not leaders, etc.

One more thing - my bro-in-law is not the funniest guy but he picked up the in-laws from LAX in his patrol car (cop) and my wife met him at the station where he works. Knowing my wife would not have an easy time getting back on the freeway - he followed and pointed the way. When she got to her last turn before the freeway, - he gets on the car loudspeaker tells her to "go left" then says "And get out of my town!!" for all other cars to hear. CLASSIC!!!

Have a good Monday!

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Yippee! Thanks for the post Birdman! So good to hear you are alive and well. Sorry about the shoes... Uhm, how come I didn't know about the Twisted Vine? I see how you guys are!!!

What?? No song of the day???

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger the mama said...

HOW DO I GET COOKIES?????!!!!!????

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger R said...

I believe C-Hag prank called me while you guys were at the Twisted Vine. Sorry I missed you (and the beer). Next time, give me some freakin' notice!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger AvMan said...

The Vine was a good time. @Wrider if you check your email dated the 14th of march at 2:08:06 PM you will see an email sent for the festivities. @HERO, yah, we gave you a call to see if you wanted to come down. I'll add you to the list for the next event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home