March 09, 2007

Brain is mush and other exciting things

Been working my ass off. I still really like it over here - I only miss my good friends at the other building but I am hitting overload and starting to wear out a little. I am somehow getting involved with all the teams and I am getting the "people coming to my desk" thing again. The good is it wont last as many are consultants and they just don't know the systems or business that well.

The good about today is that it is BONUS DAY!!! Not as good as last year but I'll take it.

I have been thinking about music lately and this year has really sucked for new music. I love music but I am a big fan of new music or should I say GOOD new music and there has been nothing this year for me personally. The best so far (and I do really really like it ) is Silversun Pickups. If you have not done you listening - DO IT - this is a really great album. In doing some random web browsing I discovered that in May Linkin Park will finally release their next album. I know some of you out there are not fans, but one thing I think that has to be appreciated is their top notch production quality. The music is tight and the sound is clear. We can start hearing some clips in early April.

There is an interesting book at Starbucks written by a guy who as forced to be a boy soldier in Africa. I have read a lot of articles about this and I am interested but not at the Starbucks price. Let's hope for Costco!!

Finally - live on SPEED TV tonight is the Daytona Supercross. This is a great race. Held in the infield of Daytona Speedway, it is the one track that is kind of a blend of supercross and outdoor motocross. If you are home tonight - totally worth checking out.

Sansa Song of the Day: Not on my player but it is the REM song played in Scrubs last night - I forget how great so many REM songs are.



6 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger NotTheDoctor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger NotTheDoctor said...

A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier is the book you speak of. And it looks very interesting! I just was looking at that while at starbucks yesterday afternoon. I saw it on amazon for about $13. May be we can do a book trade?!?!

Gald to see you were able to FINALLY post again.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Are you really surprised you would be the go to guy in this job? I didn't think so... Serves you right for being so damn smart and likable.

Didn't get a chance to check out the Daytona Supercross, but I will say I love REM. :)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger the mama said...

I watched that scrubs the other night and that is a fanatastic REM song... I saw REM in like '89 at the Forum and it was one of my favorite concerts!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger the mama said...

OH - and I checked out the Silversun Pickups on itunes and they are good! I even downloaded the lazy eye song. I like them! Wait for it..... nope no armageddon today!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger R said...

That supercross kicked major ass! When Carmichael and Stewart looked at each other as they went over the triple, I was on the edge of my seat. Damn, what a great race. What a great career...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home