March 13, 2007

Helmet?

So I hit the Home Depot after work and as I pass the self checkout, there is a lady who just finished paying still wearing her full face street bike helmet. It's not like she put it on while checking out as she did it herself so that means she wore it the whole freakin time... wasssup with people!!!

I also made the most brilliant statement that YOUR MOM has ever heard today. (according to her) I simply explained how I know I am not gay with the following: Women love gay men and since women despise me - NO GAY!
She did not disagree..... not sure how to take that...

In the vein of Je Suis Le Maman - did anyone ever watch "Dance Party USA" on the USA network in the 80's/90's? It was American Bandstand with videos. There was a core set of dancers (Kelly Ripa was one of them) who where there every week. Remember Princess (female version of Prince) All I can say is we were strangely hooked on it (the music sucked ass) - my friend would even ditch class at college sometimes so he could watch it.

Sansa Song of the Day: New Dawn Fades by Joy Division. From one of my all time favorite albums STILL (this is a for sure need for that 5 albums on an island question) from one of the all time favorite bands. Ian Curtius has my favorite voice of all time and really deep lyrics. He meant it all as he did commit suicide - maybe that is what really sells it when you hear him.

A change of speed, a change of style.
A change of scene, with no regrets,
A chance to watch, admire the distance,
Still occupied, though you forget.
Different colours, different shades,
Over each mistakes were made.
I took the blame.
Directionless so plain to see,
A loaded gun won't set you free.
So you say.
We'll share a drink and step outside,
An angry voice and one who cried,
'We'll give you everything and more,
The strain's too much, can't take much more.'
I've walked on water, run through fire,
Can't seem to feel it anymore.
It was me, waiting for me,
Hoping for something more,
Me, seeing me this time,
Hoping for something else.

Later







2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger the mama said...

I WATCHED DANCE PARTY USA!! Remember when they would go to the Jersey Shore??? Oh my god - I am the QUEEN OF DORKDOM!!!!!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

I did not watch Dance Party USA...

Maybe the lady with the helmet had helmet hair?

The lyrics to that song are pretty intense.. Knowing he committed suicide had an affect on me as I read the lyrics though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home