July 02, 2007

Another weekend gone

Man they are to short. Girls were back inforce this weekend. Crafts, coloring, sleeping on the pull out couch bed, DVDs, went to see fantastic four (while poor dad was at work.. j/k) As crazy as it is it is nice to have them home. A short break is great but you can never get over missing your kids I guess.

Got myself way to much sun on Saturday but what the hell - bike ride, lawn and totally cleaning the Jeep in the afternoon kept me outside. Some days I just don't want to be inside and these things force me to stay out.

With the exception of the watching and listening to the greatest sport on earth - MOTOCROSS - Sunday was boring. We were caught up on stuff for once. I vegged most of the time while the wifey sewed. Played a nice game of checkers with the 6 year old - she made some good moves - must have her mother's checkers skill - I have never beaten her in checkers - EVER!!! (and yes it does piss me off.. hahaha)

anyone seen the Old Spice commercial with Bruce Campbell singing "Hungry like the Wolf"?? Freakin Rules!!!!

Going to my pops on Wed. to light some fireworks - he still lives in the BP and it is legal there. I love fireworks!! not the kind you watch but the kind you light yourself - without that, what is the point?? When the day comes I can't light fireworks, 4th will just be another day....sad to say but it will be boring to me. AMERICA, F YEAH!!!

That is all for now


2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger the mama said...

I can relate to the days you just do not want to be inside - today is one of those days for me even though it is like 1 million degrees. I miss my kids when they are not around, too. It is a parent thing, I guess. The weekends when they are gone from Friday to Sunday are awful. I cannot stand being in my house. It is too quiet and those are the weekends that I leave at like noon and don't come home until 8pm (spent mostly at the mall just wandering)... A break is good everyone in a while, but too many breaks gets lonely. There is something soothing about the chaos, know what I mean???

Sounds like a good weekend. I will have to teach the son to play checkers....


Lighting fireworks - I don't think I have done that for like 8 years or so!! That was back when I lived in the OC (yes all the cool kids do a stint there - though I do not think Cypress is that cool!!) - the good times. I remember plenty of 4th of July's growing up and watching my dad light fireworks. Just does not seem the same without sparklers!!

OK - I will stop now!! Almost like a seperate post on you blog!!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger the mama said...

saw taht bruce campbell thing on youtube... that was HILARIOUS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home