July 25, 2007

Doping and Dopes(??)

First, apparently this is my 100th post. I am not a mad poster so that is a good milestone. Now on to business.

DOPING:

This whole Tour de France doping crap is really disheartening. When you think about it logically, you have to know there is no way they can do what they do without it. Over 2000 miles in 3 weeks with hills that are insane.. can a body really recover that well, that fast. But then again, you want to believe they can do it - that is what makes them bad ass. When I am beat after about 12 miles of riding in a hour I want to marvel at their ability to ride over 100 miles at almost 30 mph on some flatter roads. The team pulled the tour leader out even though he did not test positive but only because he was not honest about his whereabouts and missed some drug tests. I hope this crap gets resolved.

DOPES??

The latest version of National Geographic has a fantastic story about the "rebuilding" of New Orleans. It really goes into the history of the canals, levees, money. local politics and how often it has really been flooded over the years (sorry Bush haters - he has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything regarding the floods) They really question the rebuilding at all of New Orleans and a good argument is made for it. If you get a chance - it is a must read. I think rebuilding in many areas is just asking for it and I don't want to bail them out again.

That was a damn serious post for 100 wasn't it!!!!

Later


1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger the mama said...

only 100 - then I talk way to much because I think I am close to 400...

I read that article about the tour de france.... that is too bad, but something needs to be done. There is so much controversy surrounding the sport. I am sure even everyone hero Lance Armstrong isn't innocent... I do not know how they do it. All sports are affected by drugging to enhance performance, it makes it hard to cheer someone's ability...

I will read the article on New Orleans -sounds interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home