September 22, 2007

AMERICA - F! Y#AH!

It's time to get your patriotic side going again in the sportsworld! why is that birdman you ask? is it the world series?? uhh no.. GAY.. Is it the superbowl?? uhh no but better. Is it the Olympics??!?!?! please people, we are talking about real sports here. Ryder Cup??? you better be wearing one for that question.

FOLKS - this sunday is the 2007 MOTOCROSS OF NATIONS!!! That's right bitches.. the top motocross countries in the world are battling for world motocross supremacy. For the first time in 20 years, it is being held in America (FIM dont like our dominance to much) at Budds Creek, Maryland.

Here is some info for ya: Most wins by any nation - USA Most consecutive wins by a nation - USA and we USA has the fastest lap times in practice for all three classes.

Time to kick some more Euro ass tomorrow!!!

Again, get to spend some quality time with AVman - we are going to watch the race on-line and hook his laptop up to the his big plasma (hahahahahaha). Don't worry, my bro will be there to so AINT NO MISBEHAVIN!!!

We said goodbye to Audioslave yesterday - he is gone from the Merc. We wish him well.

Finally, found an old CD that had some live stuff from one of my favorite all time bands - The Chameleons UK - that I seemed to have forgotten. They are an 80's band (but not the stupid crap normally associated with that era) and they have a song called "Second Skin" about immortality - based on that of movie stars then near death experiences - and there is a small part of the song where - for me - the lyrics, music, and the way he sings it - all come together.

Second Skin:

One cold damp evening
The world stood still
I watched as I held my breath
A silhouette I thought I knew
Came through
And someone spoke to me
Whispered in my ear
This fantasy's for you
Fantasies are "in" this year

My whole life passed before my eyes
I thought
What they say is true
I shed my skin and my disguise
And cold, numb and naked
I emerged from my cocoon
And a half remembered tune
Played softly in my head

Then he turned smiling
And said
I realise a miracle is due
I dedicate this melody to you
But is this the stuff dreams are made of?
If this is the stuff dreams are made of
No wonder I feel like I'm floating on air
Everywhere
It feels like I'm everywhere

It's like you fail to make the connection
You know how vital it is
Or when something slips through your fingers
You know how precious it is
Well you reach the point where you know
It's only your second skin

Someone's banging on my door

Have a great weekend. USA! USA! USA!

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger the mama said...

The rain must be causing so misalignment in the universe because that is a awesome song....


OK - you guys are dorks. Hooking the laptop to the plasma?? Yeah you just ooze of cool...

i am done with you merc people - a friggin happy hour was had and yet another non-invite for the mama...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home