August 19, 2007

Surf's Up and Pain Management

Mission accomplished!!! Yesterday I decided to go for it and I made it - BEACH AND BACK!!! 40-42 miles in about 3 hours.... I stopped about a mile from PCH but my legs were telling me if I go all the way I will pay for it. Rode all the way down - 15-20 minute food and drink break and all the way back. About 5 miles left to go my right knee gave me a note it was no to happy and it forced me into a real easy gear as I could not put a lot of pressure on it and about 2 miles to go the tank was EMPTY!! I was tired and the legs were hurtin but I was to close to give so I managed the pain and made it.....(good thinkg I listened to my legs earlier) I feel very proud of myself and now I do not have to do it again for a while.. .hahahahaa - not in this heat/humidity!!!

Man o man were my legs hurtin while mowing the lawn today...hahaha

time to stay cool

later

3 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger the mama said...

That is amazing... way to go. No sarcasm from me, just that is cool.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Congrats Birdman! That is way cool. I'm proud of you!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap, you did it?!?!

Congrats man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home