September 13, 2007

I've been lazy

but only when it comes to my blog - not sure why...

As noted by my last blog - SUNDAY was a kicks ass day - moto -freakin - cross people!!! Greatest sport on EARTH and unbelievable to watch live.

Track was great - racing was great - and both the lites and motocross classes did not crown the champions for the season until the last moto... dont get better.

It was myself along with the AVman. My good friend and AVman' s new friend - Maxican (mexican named Max) was stuck working and we were to meet up with my bro (he goes with his friend who runs Suzuki's amateur Motocross program) So after calling my bro multiple times we finally get him during intermission,.

Me: Mike where are you
Bro: where are you?
Me: Up on the hill by the jump where we were last time but on the incline
Bro: look down - do you see all the motorhomes
Me: yes
Bro: do you see the black and white one with the big Fox Racing logo on it?
Me: Yes
Bro: do you see a guy in a red shirt on top in a chair?
Me: Yes
Bro: That's me
Me: how the hell?
Bro: connections

Well I just ended the call right there. So while he hob-nobbed with executives from Fox Racing, the son of the founder of Six Six One,etc.. eating and drinking anything he wanted, AVman and myself got to stand with guys who did not wear deodorant, guys who said "oh jesus" alot and watched kids and drunk people try to navigate up and down a very steep and slippery hill.

DAMN PRETTY BOY!!! and we let him know.

But I can say he did not get to see the sun glimmer off the freshly sunscreened supple skin of AVman in the desert light.... some things you just cannot put a price on..

Other than that.. nothing new - just working and riding and getting back into the school mode with the kids.

have a great week/weekend

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger the mama said...

you totally took my crappy day at made me laugh my freakin' ass off with the "glimmer off the freshly sunscreened supple skin of the AVman...."

i am still laughing...

and that statement alone sent your macho meter into the negative.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

I beg to differ.. I think Birdman is really coming into his own. See what I did there? Glad you had an awesome Sunday Birdman. I can only imagine how hyped up you guys were. Being close to guys that choose not to wear deodorant had to be worth the price of admission alone. The extras like watching people attempt to climb the steep incline was gravy Baby! Love your posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home