August 16, 2007

A good day... sure why not

First, I have to start off with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my oldest!! She turned 11 today. So far so good on the growing up a good kid. Very proud of her.

Work is going through more changes. My boss quit. The project I am on was his baby from the start so for him to leave before even one state hits production.....hmmmm. He was a great boss and I was learning from him but life has to go on.

Finally got to ride again. It has been a week (with one failed attempt - 3 miles does not count) I feel so much better right now - a good 20 + miles does a man good.

Finally, we all went out for Golden Spoon tonight and a girl walks up to me at our table. Now I know what you are thinking.. what is so special about this birdman... this happens to you all the time right.... Of course it does.. It took me a second to focus but it was a girl I was good friends with during my days as an underwriter at the Merc. She left over 10 years ago as her husband was going to Med School. Nice surprise to see her and they just live on the other side of the freeway.

I'll take this as a good day

Peace!!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

I can only assume I know who your boss was.. And I have to agree for him to quit before his baby even got it's sea legs seems quite odd.

11? Wow! They grow so dang fast. Seems like our kids were just turning 11 not long ago.

Good for you on getting a decent ride in. Why doesn't 3 miles count??

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger the mama said...

Happy belated 11th b-day!! Just think two more years and you will have a teenage daughter.

Wow what a chick magnet you are... did you have on your bike shorts??

Awesome on the 20 miles.... next step BEACH!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy bday to your baby, sorry I missed it.

LOL, I knew that there had to be more to the story. Girls just DON'T walk up to you ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home