September 18, 2007

The video link blog

Thought I would share some cool videos out there. First off, AVman had advised me (since I will not watch it) that a cool song was played by Foo Fighters with Serj from System of a Down on the MTV VMA's. The song is Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedy's. They are/were a great punk band from the late 70's through the 80's and this is a classic punk song. Sadly I think many people that the suits from MTV filled the room with probably had no clue about the song.

Click here for the FOO FIGHTERS version

Click here for a great and old live version by the Dead Kennedy's themselves.

One thing that did bum me out was the crappy political correctness displayed when Foo/Serj changed the use of the word "nigger" to "brother" in the song. It is not used derogatory - it is meant to make a point - and it is not made when it is changed.

For another video - I am sure we have all seen gay boy crying for Brittany Spears- well real or not check out the spoof by Seth Green - NICE!!!

Work is work..... but it looks like we might be getting back another ex-employee. It is a good person - I will fill you in when there is more certainty.

Last but not least - everyone say a prayer for AVman (you can hum it to "save a prayer" by Duran Duran if you need to) He might be coming over to my M1 team at the Merc. It will be really good for him - better environment -better people (cause I am there) and lots of new developer crap to learn.

Later

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger the mama said...

Birdman - my teen just announced that she is gonna have to start listening to the Dead Kennedy's. She was loving that original video. Good work my man....

Your love of AVMAN is again making you so TOTALLY GAY...

If AVMAN is on your team, you won't get any work done for I feel you will be drooling at the sight of his supple skin on a daily basis... I feel bad for AVMAN. hahahahaha

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Believe it or not back in my youth, when I was a closet Republican and Conservative, I actually liked the Dead Kennedys. I remember this song well.. I think the Foo Fighters do a great job paying tribute to the song, but nothing beats the original. The video that goes with really ingrains the song in my mind. I miss MTV for this reason. Nice one Birdman.

I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for the AvMan moving to your part of the company. I think it would be a great move for him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home