October 14, 2007

Me and Girls

Well it has been just me and the girls for 5 days and it has been really nice. I think they like me again!! hahahaha - we did not do much yet had a lot of fun. The little one made a point to come lay on the bed or couch with me every night - I missed that and it was nice to get it back. They are awesome girls.

After I picked them up from school on Friday we were walking to the car and cut across the grass - it seems there was a nice hole hidden in the grass and I stepped right into it - that killed my ankle. My ankles are bad from years of skateboarding and basketball so it does not take much. The oldest made sure I laid down and rested it. Once again - awesome girls.

I did get a ride in (before the ankle incident) with my new clipped in shoes and man does it make a difference. Rode most of the time a gear higher than normal. I also picked up the stationary bike stand from pops so I can ride during the week ( in the garage probably) in winter as light is quickly disappearing and I do not want to lose what I have built up.

FREE STARZ Weekend on Direct TV!!! I love free movies!!!!

Hung out with pops down in the BP during the day on Saturday. Is it just me or do you wish things would not change sometimes? We went to the Weinerdog that we lived at as kids - I have not been there in 15-20 years - and the outside looked the same but I was bummed the inside was all new. I had in my mind the old wooden booths with the orange vinyl pads...this is where me and some friends first unscrewed the cap on the ketchup bottle for the next unassuming customer and it was a cop - we bolted so fast as we totally thought we were busted!!!!! I was really hoping it would be the same.....but we helped pops finish his puzzle - he does tons - even the little one found about 20 pieces.

Hung out with Mom and sis later that night for dinner - father in law today (he cannot go more than 5 days without seeing his granddaughters) nice weekend all around. Wifey comes home tomorrow and I cant wait to have her back - I sleep like crap when she is gone - not used to all that space in the bed.. hahahahaha

hope you all had a great weekend too

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger the mama said...

Some of my favorite moments are when the kids will just come and lay with me or sit in my lap for no reason.... you cannot ask for anything more wonderful!

I can relate to the sleeping thing - i suffered from that, too. You would think that getting the bed to yourself for a change would be a good thing, right? Instead you can't sleep... It took me close to 9 months to get passed that. You are lucky you only had to suffer 5 nights.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Are you trying to win the Pulitzer for blogs? Man, you are writing some good stuff these days Birdman!

Did I miss something? Where did your wifey go for 5 days? I can't remember the last time my kids laid down beside me... :-) I'm glad you have had a good time with your girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home