October 19, 2007

Not to exciting

It has been a run of the mill week. Not a whole lot going on.

Finally got myself a new book - I read all the time but I have been slacking on a good book (at least my style of good book) and I was bored at lunch the other day so off to Border's I went. I saw some books that looked really good but dammit all to hell if hardback is like buying a car - way to expensive and I am way to cheap. Off the the History/Military/Politics section and I found a very interesting PAPERBACK to read.


Read a couple of chapters and damn if it is not interesting. So many things going on in the world that I was to young to know or things just to secret at the time to hear that have an impact on today's world. It's only been a couple of chapters but you can start to see how freakin difficult and complex international politics is..... things are just not as black and white as people want it to be.

The Office was freakin HI-LARIOUS this past Thursday.

Got a flat on my way back on the bike ride today - totally blows. I am sure I have over a 1000 miles on the tires since I put them on over a year ago - time to start looking at new one's and damn it if they ain't expensive - but then again what isn't. Gonna be on the garage later tonight gettin things fixed for a ride tomorrow morning (gotta make up what I missed today)

I totally sucked at the driving range at lunch today.. but what is new.

Did you know in India if it is your b-day - you have to buy stuff for your friends and family and not the other way around?? pretty f'ed but I did get a pumpkin scone out of it.... who knew???

Adios and have a nice weekend





3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger the mama said...

the office was hilarious this week...

that book does sound interesting. i am reading "love in the time of cholera" and i have a book called "lost" that I am going to read next. "Lost" is about a man's journey to find out what happened to his grandfather's brother and family who were killed during the holocaust. it is non-fiction... i am liking non-fiction more and more.

mmmmm.... pumpkin scones. those are pure heaven at starbucks!!!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

That does sound like an interesting book and one I would have read back when I actually found time to read. I'll add that one to my list of books to read once I retire. The closest thing I've read to a book lately has been the LLBean catalog!

Pumpkin scones are the best. Love them. I suppose it evens out. I mean you only have one birthday a year so you reap the bennies of everyone else's birthday with that culture. Still, though - I think I prefer being treated special on my day.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger AvMan said...

I agree, people should buy be me gifts on their birthdays.

Nice way to change your plans on your friends ass.

FYI, if you say, "damn it all" one more time in your blog, i will maim you seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home