November 27, 2007

Dark is the night

but good lights on a mountain bile make it Bad Ass!!! Tonight I went on my first night mountain bike ride and I freakin loved it. Scary, tiring, fast, etc... I used to mountain bike the Fullerton loop when I first got married but after the first kid is dropped off so I have not really mountain biked in about 9 years.

My bro rides with a guy he used to work with that I also know so he loaned me his old bike (still kick ass - full suspension and disk brakes, etc.) so off we all went tonight. Now you all know I rode bike but let me tell you, we did an 11 1/2 mile loop and I swear half of it was hill climbs.. it kicked my ass!!! I actually walked up a couple of the climbs and my lungs were burning good ( I am a little congested) There are no real hills in my road biking and you can get your body into a rhythm. I also took a good digger... really cool but rough section and all you can see is what your bike lights lite up and what looked like a good path was not and hit the ground.. Some good scrapes but I will live.

I gotta say the best part is going through the tight wooded tree sections - make all decisions (at least for me as I don't know the trail anymore - all new) at the last second based on what you can see (any my bro telling me when some harder stuff was coming up) a great rush!!!

I will be doing this again - he offered the bike to me any time I want to go with them which is way cool of him. Hopefully on the road bike ride we are planning I can hold my own as I sucked it up and sucked air on this ride!! hahahaha

Have a good day!!

4 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger the mama said...

see posts like this make you sound like a man.... and not gay.

sounds cool. i like how you said that you were congested and not OLD!! haha.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

Did you hear about that mountain biker who rode his bike 130MPH! Insane! Look it up

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger birdman said...

make me sound like a man and not old??? OUCH!! just squeeze my nads why dont you mama!!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger the mama said...

how else can i express my love for you???? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home