November 17, 2007

What a week

Man what a week. I have not had this stressful of a week in a long time. As projects move closer and closer to the due date people start to get stressed and many do not handle it well. When this happens they tend to involve you and etc..... you know the drill. So who caused me stress.. dumbass QA (most not all) who are "testing professionals" but don't know squat about insurance etc... but act like they do and want everything from you ASAP. F them.. PM's (project managers) these are those highly paid dipshits who don't understand technology and whose only job appears to be bothering the people who actually do the work. As a project progresses the complexity of the errors goes up and to watch them not be able to follow a discussion in a meeting they called to resolve an issue gets really annoying (we know what one of them makes and it's about 20k more than me and in no way does this person deserve it) Couple that with a lot of hours and booooooo!!!

On the good side, some of the developers from the other building moved over (AVman is not there......yet..) and this guy is Andy from the Office - but a more tech/nerd version. At first I thought he was the guy from Seinfeld who was the crappy bookie that Jerry accidentally broke his thumbs as he looks like that guy but here is what makes him And:

1. Brought in the cookie dough stuff for those who purchased and once he found out what it was said "Dude... we could totally mow through that right now!! Totally mow through it.
2. Explained to us how "Dude" is such a great a word. How people have actually asked him "Did you just call me dude??" and that he had to create "Dudeette" for women.

Keep in mind I in no way ever encouraged him to talk to me

3. Out of the blue asked me if I drive a Trans Am.. uhh no Do you drive a Camaro.... uhhh no. You totally look like you would especially with a mullet...... wtf????
4. Thursday he started to whistle when he walked around the office
5. Yesterday while wearing his headphones started singing the chorus to a Bon Jovi out loud.....

This guy drives me nuts but the comedy value is there so I have to take it. Our goal now is that since we are sure he does not watch the office (he found out about the series Stargate this year and is trying to catch up from prior years) to get him to call me Big Tuna.

Was leaving Fry's today and saw a over 16 kid riding his razor scooter to Fry's. HOLY CRAP!!! I should have just run him over...done him a favor. I thought I had a low possibility of scoring with the ladies... this kid is on the negative side.....I was cracking up.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Song of the Blog: I am totally hooked on Long Road to Ruin by Foo Fighters!

4 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger the mama said...

can i call you big tuna??

that guy sounds awesome especially calling you out on the mullet thing... that alone had me in stitches.

yeah, that kid on the razr is not gonna be popular with the chicks, but he has to get around somehow. it is better than riding a girly-bike... hahahahahahahahahahaha.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger The Wrider said...

Uhm OK, I can't follow that comment... I loved your description of that guy. I wish we had someone like that here to keep me entertained. The people here are so annoyingly normal. I suppose that includes me, but whatever. The only guy we have here that is in the least bit entertaining is one from India who dyes his hair a bright orange and talks, but no one can understand a word he says - including his fellow countrymen.

Mmmm, a 16 year old on a razor, huh? I got nothing.

I like that song, too! Go figure. Then again, I love eggnog so what does that tell ya??

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

Dude...that guy sounds like a white version of me...

wanted waaaanteeeed dead or aliveeee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home