March 11, 2009

Black Monday

Sorry I was away for so long again... lots going on. Sadly, the title refers to Merc's first ever real mass layoff. Memo went out at 2 pm on Monday saying between 2 and 3 all who are being laid off will be advised. That was a frickin looooong hour. I am happy to say I am still gainfully employed but the company laid off over 300 nationwide from what I heard. All departments - mostly the business units but IT took about a 40 person hit. All of my good friends made it except one - Kathy - aka Bella Luna. That one caught us all off guard. I fell bad for her but she is already hitting the market and I know she will get something soon.

The severance was said to be really good - 2 months all paid including insurance plus a week for every year they were there.

It was a sad day at Merc, yesterday was too.. Seeing the empty desk of Bella Luna does not make for happy times.

Audio - the only guys you might know who got laid off are Vitas in sys admin and Jim Banes. I am not sure about Jim but Vitas - there is no way this guy should have gone. Had to be personal, Sadly Audio - your woman who is despised my most also made it. Well you know what they say, it's not who you know it who you blow!! hahahhaa

What else... well the wifey is going to AZ for a quilt show for a few days so ladies - I am a free man (kids can handle themselves) Time to PAR-TAY!!

Maddie had a really nice school performance. Need to get the video off the DVD player to the PC. Our PC is old and does not have a DVD drive so I need to rip it at work if I can and get it here. If and when I can I will post a song. I was very impressed by this group of 7th and 8th grade kids.

Well I am happy to say Silversun Pickups is releasing a new album. The song is Panic Switch

Enjoy


Panic Switch - Silversun Pickups

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger ninjunkie951 said...

Are you freakin serious?!? Damn I feel bad for Jim Banes, Vytas, and Kathy...They put it lots of hours all the time..well I know Kathy and Vytas did for sure...

Vytas is a brain though...and if he can't find a job I'm sure the Lithuanian Basketball team will pick him up.

So did ReeRee get canned? I have a job for her...know what I'm saying..you know what I'm saying...

Did any CM's get canned?

Check out my blog...I put something up there just for you

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger the mama said...

glad to hear that you were spared. sorry about your friend, that sucks.

yes please share the video of maddie. i would love to see it.

you can come to girls nite out with me... hehe. you would fit right in.

YAHOO! new silversun pickups

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger the mama said...

could not listen to the song at work... listened to it tonight. totally LOVE it! thank you for introducing me to them.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Wrider II said...

I like the song too!

Glad you were spared the layoff. Sorry about your friend though.

When was the quilt show? Dang it! We totally could have gotten crazy and partied it up right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home