June 16, 2009

What up gang

Not much here - just been working and laying low. I have a couple days off next week and I am dying for them - cant wait.

DK, AVman and I signed up for the Amtrak Century on Sept 12. I can't wait. If I can do a 100 mile bike ride - I can do anything!!! It feels good to have a goal. I had not realized how long it has been since I really had one - i know that is something I need to keep doing - life can pass you by without one it seems.

House is a mess. Wifey likes to post school clean the girls rooms - move the furniture around etc. but she has no method and all madness - Jillly's room is a mess but I know in a few days all will be good but good god woman - do one section at a time!!!! hahahahha

Girls both did really good in school. I am proud of both of them. I had two nieces graduate 8th grade and one got perfect attendance for two years - and at this school it means not missing one period - that is amazing although she did get sent to school feelin pretty crappy.. hahhha

My oldest niece wants to be a doctor/pediatrician/psycho/nurse etc. and got accepted into a program at UCLA (started by Patch Adams himself) where for 10 days they follow around doctors, watch surgeries etc.. This is way cool for her - she is smart as chit and all the blood and stuff has no effect on her. In her high school anatomy class they dissected a cat and watch a vasectomy. She saved photo of the cut up cat on her phone.

Finally two songs for you all.

Turned onto these guys by the Wrider - Vitamin String Quartet doing a classical version of Mr Brightside. Check out all their stuff on you tube - Tool, Metallica, etc - phenomenal.



Now I have always hated this band but this song by Matchbox 20 kicks ass. I saw them on Live at Abbey Road on Sundance Channel and loved this song:

Click HERE

Have a great week

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger the mama said...

cool songs!! i like vitamin string quartet and sadly i like matchbox 20, too. (long time fan)

enjoy the few days off with the ladies. believe me i am desperate for my time off in july. it cannot come fast enough.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Wrider II said...

Enjoy the days off. It's good for the soul!

Great song pics! I have always been a M20 fan. :)

Congrats on the 100 mile ride! Wow, that's really an awesome goal. I think it's great you are going to do it. I can't imagine how that would feel!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger the mama said...

dude you are aware the 2009 is about 1/2 over and your title is still birdman 2008, right?? get on that sh*t! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home